1) What is the final result of mitosis in a human?A) genetically similar 1n somatic cells B) genetically the same 2n somatic cellsC) genetically the same 2n gamete cells D) genetically various 2n somatic cells
2) part cells have several nuclei per cell. How might such multinucleated cell be explained?
A) The cell underwent repetitive cytokinesis but no mitosis.B) The cell underwent repeated mitosis through simultaneous cytokinesis.C) The cell had actually multiple S phases prior to it gone into mitosis.D) The cabinet underwent repeated mitosis, yet cytokinesis did not occur.
You are watching: Which number represents dna synthesis?
3) FtsZ is a bacter cytoskeletal protein that forms a contractile ring associated in bacterial cytokinesis. Its role is analogous to _____.
A) the microtubule-organizing center of eukaryotic bio cellsB) the cleavage furrow the eukaryotic animal cellsC) the mitotic spindle of eukaryotic cellsD) the cell plate of eukaryotic bio plant cells
4) motion of the chromosomes throughout anaphase would be most impacted by a drug that stays clear of _____. A) nuclear envelope breakdown
B) shortening of microtubules
C) elongation that microtubules
D) formation of a cleavage furrow
Use the adhering to information come answer the concerns below.The unlettered circle at the top of the number shows a diploid cell core with four chromosomes that have not however replicated. There room two bag of homologous chromosomes, one long and the various other short. One haploid collection is black, and also the other is gray. The circles labeled A come E present various combine of this chromosomes.
5) What is the correct chromosomal condition for one daughter nucleus in ~ telophase of mitosis?
A) B B) C C) D D) E
6) In the figure above, G1 is represented whereby numbered part(s) of the cycle?
A) ns or V B) II or IV C) III only D) V only
Use the data in the accompanying table to answer the adhering to questions.The data were derived from a examine of the size of time invested in every phase the the cabinet cycle by cell of 3 eukaryotic organisms designated beta, delta, and also gamma.
Minutes spent in cabinet Cycle Phases
8) the the following, the best conclusion worrying the difference between the S phases because that beta and also gamma is the ____.
A) gamma contains more DNA 보다 betaB) beta is a tree cell and also gamma is an pet cellC) beta and also gamma save on computer the exact same amount that DNAD) beta cells reproduce asexually
Use the adhering to information come answer the questions below.Nucleotides have the right to be radiolabeled prior to they are integrated into newly developing DNA and, therefore, deserve to be assayed to track your incorporation. In a collection of experiments, a student—faculty research team offered labeled T nucleotides and also introduced these right into the culture of dividing human cell at certain times.
9) The research team offered their experiments to study the incorporation of labeling nucleotides into a culture of lymphocytes and also found the the lymphocytes included the labeling nucleotide at a significantly higher level after ~ a microorganism was introduced into the culture. Castle concluded that _____.
A) infection reasons lymphocytes come divide an ext rapidlyB) infection reasons lymphocyte cultures to skip some parts of the cabinet cycleC) infection reasons cell societies in general to reproduce more rapidlyD) the visibility of the virus made the experiments too contaminated to trust the results
10) The drug cytochalasin B blocks the role of actin. I m sorry of the following facets of the cell cycle would certainly be many disrupted by cytochalasin B?
A) spindle attachment to kinetochoresB) cleavage furrow formation and cytokinesisC) spindle formationD) cabinet elongation throughout anaphase
11) Density-dependent inhibition is explained whereby of the following?
A) together cells become more numerous, the protein kinases lock produce begin to compete with every other, such the the proteins produced by one cell basically cancel those created by that neighbor.B) as cells become an ext numerous, the level that waste commodities increases, at some point slowing down metabolism.C) together cells become an ext numerous, the cell surface proteins the one cell call the adjoining cells and they prevent dividing.D) as cells become more numerous, they start to squeeze against each other, restricting their size and capacity to produce regulate factors.
12) Exposure of zebrafish nuclei come meiotic cytosol brought about phosphorylation the NEP55 and L68 proteins by cyclin-dependent kinase 2. NEP55 is a protein the the inner atom membrane, and also L68 is a protein that the atom lamina. What is the many likely duty of phosphorylation of these proteins in the process of mitosis?
A) castle are involved in the disassembly and also dispersal that the nucleolus.B) They permit the attachment of the spindle microtubules to kinetochore regions of the centromere.C) they are connected in the disassembly that the nuclear envelope.D) They assist in the movement of the centrosomes come opposite sides of the nucleus.
13) cell from progressed malignant tumors regularly have very abnormal chromosomes and an abnormal number of chromosomes. What could explain the association between malignant tumors and also chromosomal abnormalities?
A) Cancer cells space no longer anchorage-dependent.B) Cancer cells are no much longer density-dependent.C) cell cycle checkpoints are not in place to prevent cells through chromosome abnormalities.D) transformation introduces new chromosomes into cells.
14) Quaking aspen can send out underground stems because that asexual reproduction. Sex-related reproduction is not as common, yet when that does happen, the haploid gametes have actually 19 chromosomes. How countless chromosomes space in the cell of the underground stems?
A) 19 B) 38 C) 10 D) 9
15) i m sorry of the following is true of a varieties that has a chromosome variety of 2n = 16?
A) each diploid cell has eight homologous pairs.B) The varieties is diploid through 32 chromosomes every cell.C) A gamete indigenous this species has 4 chromosomes.D) The types has 16 set of chromosomes every cell.
16) Eukaryotic sex-related life cycles present tremendous variation. The the complying with elements, which perform all sex-related life cycles have actually in common?I. Alternation that generations II. Meiosis III. Fertilization IV. Gametes V. Spores
A) II, III, and also IV
B) I, II, III, IV, and V
C) II, IV, and also V
D) I, II, and also IV
17) In a human being karyotype, chromosomes are arranged in 23 pairs. If we pick one of this pairs, such together pair 14, which of the complying with do the two chromosomes of the pair have in common? A) length, centromere position, and staining sample onlyB) length and also position of the centromere onlyC) length, centromere position, staining pattern, and also traits coded because that by your genesD) They have nothing in common except the they are X-shaped.
18) just how do cell at the perfect of meiosis compare v cells that room in prophase that meiosis I? They have _____. A) the same variety of chromosomes and half the lot of DNA.B) fifty percent the number of chromosomes and fifty percent the lot of DNA.C) fifty percent the lot of cytoplasm and twice the amount of DNA.D) half the number of chromosomes and one-fourth the quantity of DNA.
19) If meiosis to produce haploid cells, how is the diploid number revived for those organisms that spend most of their life cycle in the diploid state? A) fertilization B) DNA replication C) synapsis D) reverse transcription
Refer come the illustrations in the figure below of a single pair the homologous chromosomes together they might show up during various stages of either mitosis or meiosis, and answer the complying with questions.
See more: Why Is It That When It Rains It Pours Idiom, When It Rains, It Pours
20) i beg your pardon diagram to represent anaphase i of meiosis?
You have isolated DNA from three various cell varieties of the same organism, determined the family member DNA contents for every type, and also plotted the results on the graph presented in the figure below. Refer to the graph to answer the following question(s).
21) which sample can represent an animal cell in the G2 phase of the cell cycle?