In converting decimals to fractions, we understand that a decimal can constantly be converted into a fraction by using the adhering to steps:
Step I: Obtain the decimal.
You are watching: What is 07 as a fraction
Step II: Remove the decimal points indigenous the given decimal and also take together numerator.
Step III: At the exact same time write in the denominator, as countless zero or zeros come the appropriate of 1(one) (For example 10, 100 or 1000 etc.) as there are number of digit or digits in the decimal part. And then leveling it.
We deserve to express a decimal number together a fraction by maintaining the given number together the numerator without a decimal allude and writing 1 in the denominator followed by as countless zeroes on the right as the variety of decimal places in the given decimal number has.
(i) 124.6 = (frac124610)
(ii) 12.46 = (frac1246100)
(iii) 1.246 = (frac12461000)
The difficulty will assist us come understand how to convert decimal into fraction.
In 0.7 us will change the decimal tofraction.
First we will write the decimalwithout the decimal suggest as the numerator.
Now in the denominator, write 1followed by one zeros together there are 1 number in the decimal component of the decimalnumber.
Therefore, we observe the 0.7(decimal) is converted to 7/10 (fraction).
Worked-out instances on convert decimalsto fractions:
1. transform each that the following into fractions.
Write the given decimal numberwithout the decimal suggest as numerator.
In the denominator, write 1followed by 2 zeros as there space 2 number in the decimal part of the decimalnumber.
= 2.017 × 1000/1 × 1000 →In the denominator, create 1 complied with by 3 zeros as there room 3 number inthe decimal component of the decimal number.
2. Convert 0.0035 into portion in the easiest form.
Write the offered decimal numberwithout the decimal point as numerator.
In the denominator, create 1followed by four zeros to the right of 1 (one) together there room 4 decimal places inthe provided decimal number.
Now we will alleviate the fraction35/10000 and also obtained come its shortest term or the most basic form.
3. refer the complying with decimals as fractions in lowest form:
= 5/100 → Writethe provided decimal number without the decimal point as numerator.
In the denominator, create 1followed by two zeros come the ideal of 1 (one) together there space 2 decimal locations inthe offered decimal number.
= 5/100 ÷ 5/5 →Reduce the portion obtained come its lowest term.
= 375/100 → Writethe given decimal number there is no the decimal allude as numerator.
In the denominator, write 1followed by 2 zeros to the right of 1 (one) as there space 2 decimal locations inthe given decimal number.
= 375/100 ÷ 25/25 → alleviate the fraction obtained to its simplestform.
= 4/1000 → write the given decimal number without thedecimal point as numerator.
In the denominator, compose 1followed by three zeros come the ideal of 1 (one) as there are 3 decimal placesin the provided decimal number.
= 4/1000 ÷ 4/4 →Reduce the fraction obtained come its shortest term.
= 5066/1000 → Write the provided decimal number there is no the decimal suggest as numerator.
In the denominator, create 1 complied with by three zeros come the ideal of 1 (one) together there space 3 decimal areas in the given decimal number.
= 5066/1000 ÷ 2/2 → Reduce the portion obtained to its simplest form.
Practice difficulties on Converting Decimals to Fractions:
See more: What Is The Maximum Number Of Electrons An Orbital May Contain?
transform the offered decimal numbers to fountain in the lowestterm:
You could like these
● Related principle
● Decimal Numbers
● Decimal Fractions
● Like and also UnlikeDecimals
● compare Decimals
● Decimal Places
● counter ofUnlike decimals to like Decimals
● Decimal andFractional Expansion
● terminating Decimal
● convert Decimalsto Fractions
● ConvertingFractions to Decimals
● H.C.F. And also L.C.M.of Decimals
● Repeating orRecurring Decimal
● Pure RecurringDecimal
● combined RecurringDecimal
● bodmen Rule
● BODMAS/PEMDAS Rules- including Decimals
● PEMDAS rules -Involving Integers
● PEMDAS rules -Involving Decimals
● PEMDAS Rule
● bodmen Rules -Involving Integers
● switch of PureRecurring Decimal into Vulgar Fraction
● counter of MixedRecurring Decimals into Vulgar Fractions
● simplification ofDecimal
● rounding Decimals
● rounding Decimalsto the Nearest totality Number
● round off Decimalsto the Nearest Tenths
● round off Decimalsto the Nearest Hundredths
● round a Decimal
● adding Decimals
● simplify DecimalsInvolving addition and individually Decimals
● multiply Decimalby a Decimal Number
● multiplying Decimalby a entirety Number
● dividing Decimal bya entirety Number
● splitting Decimal bya Decimal Number
7th Grade mathematics ProblemsFrom Converting decimal to fractions to residence PAGE