Mr. Cheese (Nick Ortman) is a Graduate the Columbia University's MFA program. He's a drummer and also frequently writes around the music industry.
You are watching: Songs with susie in the lyrics
Suzanne, Sue, or Suzy Songs
If you have a girlfriend or household member called Susan, Sue, Suzy, or Suzanne and are making a playlist for them or dedicating a track to them, this list is sure to have the ideal song for you. The songs on this list span several decades and demonstrate a wide range of genres. Take it a listen and also see which track is best for you!
7 renowned Suzanne, Sue, or Suzy Songs"Susie Q"—The rolling Stones"Susan"—Aimee Mann"Suzanne"—Leonard Cohen"Shaky Sue"—Gary Glitter"Peggy Sue"—Buddy Holly"Runaround Sue"—Dion DiMucci"Susie (Dramas)"—Elton John
1. "Susie Q"—The rojo StonesThe original version of "Susie Q" was performed by musician Dale Hawkins. It was videotaped late in the rocker billy era in 1957. He composed the tune with his bandmate Robert Chaisson. However, as soon as the tune was released, Stan Lewis, the owner of Jewel/Paula documents (whose daughter Susan was the inspiration for the song), and also Eleanor Broadwater (the mam of Nashville DJ Gene Nobles) were credited as co-writers. This offered them shares of the royalties.
In 1965, when The rojo Stones released their variation of "Susie Q," the original had actually a short comeback. However, the younger generation was never ever quite aware that the tune wasn't a Stones original. This short cover deserve to be found on their U.S. Album 12 x 5, which to be released in 1964. It additionally appears top top the U.K. Album The rojo Stones No. 2, which was released in January 1965.
2. "Susan"—Aimee Mann"Susan" was created by Aimee Mann and produced by the brand SuperEgo Records. Together a young girl, Aimee Mann was inspired to play the bass guitar after reading a publication (that she later can not mental the title of). After ~ falling in love through the bass, she found that music to be a good tool for writing odes come important human being in her life. "Susan" is an ode to one such necessary person. That said, it's deliberately vague as to who Susan is. This is for this reason the audience deserve to interpret the character's prominence for themselves. This pop song shows up on the album Bachelor No. 2 or, the Last continues to be of the Dodo, which was released in the year 2000.
3. Suzanne—Leonard CohenThis is a pan favorite. Over the course of his career, Cohen played "Suzanne" live at hundreds of concerts. An initial published together a city in 1966, it was tape-recorded as a tune by Judy Collins in the same year, and Cohen performed it as his debut single, indigenous his 1967 album Songs that Leonard Cohen. Many other artists have recorded versions, and it has end up being one the the most-covered songs in Cohen's catalogue. In fact, in 2006, Pitchfork Media listed the tune No. 41 ~ above their perform of "The top Songs that the 1960s".
4. "Shaky Sue"—Gary Glitter"Shaky Sue" was composed by Edward Seago, Gary Glitter, and also Mike Leander. It was released in 1972. Regularly referred to together the King the Glam Rock, Gary Glitter sold over 30 million records and also had 26 hit singles, consisting of three number one hits between 1972 and also 1997. His influence can be heard top top "hair" band music transparent the 1980s.
5. "Peggy Sue"—Buddy HollyBuddy Holly is well concerned as among the most significant musicians ~ above the 1950s. One of his an ext famous songs, "Peggy Sue," is a rock and also roll classic. The song was created by Jerry Allison and Norman Petty. It to be recorded and released together a solitary by buddy Holly in at an early stage July that 1957. When The Crickets room not stated on the brand of the single, tape members Joe B. Mauldin (string bass) and Jerry Allison (drums) played on the recording. This recording was likewise released top top Holly's eponymous 1958 album. Buddy's influence have the right to still it is in heard ~ above indie absent albums today!
6. "Runaround Sue"—Dion DiMucci"Runaround Sue" is a rock and roll song, in a modification doo-wop style. That was originally a U.S. Number one hit for the singer Dion. It to be released in 1961, after he split with the Belmonts. The track ranked No. 351 on the Rolling Stone perform of "The 500 best Songs of all Time". That was written by Dion through Ernie Maresca, and also tells the story of a disloyal lover. U.K. Singer Doug Sheldon's version reached number 36 in the U.K. Charts in 1961.
See more: Solved Which Of The Following Statements Describes The Cost Of Capital? ?
7. "Susie (Dramas)"—Elton JohnIt's strange to think of a time when Elton man was creating songs around women and heartbreak. However, being closeted for much of his early career, John composed his fair share of song on the topic. This pop-rock track is around a rocky connection with a women that will never recognize him... Renders sense in retrospect. Chances are, He'd never recognize her demands either. Throughout this era that his career, he wrote plenty of songs about relationships through women, before claiming to it is in bi, then ultimately coming the end as totally gay. Nevertheless of context, this is tho a an excellent listen!
© 2021 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content service providers on this website. Other product and company names shown may it is in trademarks the their respective owners. Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content suppliers to this website might receive compensation because that some links to products and also services top top this website.