The shoot is a smooth sphere, free of indentations. Usually they are made the brass, stainless stole or iron, but shot used indoors might be a ball of fabricated material filled with weights.
You are watching: How much does a high school shot put weigh
|Boys under 12||6 pounds|
|Boys 13-14||4 kilograms|
|Girls with junior high||2.72 kg (6 pounds)|
|Men, high school||12 pounds|
|Women, high college through age 49||4 kilograms||95-110 mm. Because that indoor meets, the NCAA patent shot as large as 130 mm|
|Men, college through age 49||7.26 kg (16 pounds)||110-130 mm. For indoor meets, the NCAA permits shot as huge as 145mm|
|Women period 50 and above||3 kilograms|
|Men, periods 50 -59||6 kilograms|
|Special Olympics||3 pounds|
The athlete throws from a one area at the same level as the soil on i m sorry the shot will certainly land. About the one area is a raised throwing pad. The length of a litter is measured indigenous the sheet nearest to the cram circle that the an initial indentation made by the shot, to the “inside leaf of the stopboard nearest such mark.”
The 100-mm height of the stopboard is measured indigenous the floor of the throwing circle, no from the peak of the cram pad.
The seven-foot diameter the the throwing circle days from 1904, a period when English-speaking countries were energetic in the renewal of Olympic sports. That is conversion come 2.135 meters instead of an also 2, 2.5 or 3 meters, illustrates why metric conversion in sports is nearly always a “soft conversion.” Enlarging or shrinking the throw circle would have actually made comparison with previous records doubtful.
Before about 2004, the ar angle was 40 degrees. Reportedly it was adjusted to 34.92° to make it possible to lay the end the ar lines and also check their accuracy with just some cord and a ice cream measure; no transit or protractor necessary. Unlike the diameter that the circle or the dimension of the angle, this procedure does make usage of whole numbers.
1. Large a cord indigenous the center of the cram circle to develop whereyou want one next of the sector angle.
2. V a ice measure, measure along the cord beginning at the facility of the throwing circle. For convenience, the distance measured must be a many of 5. The systems don"t matter; meters, yards or feet will all work. Longer distances are likely to lead to much more accurate results. Contact the suggest on the cord you measure to X.
See more: How Many Molecules Of C9H8O4 Are In This Tablet? ? How Many Molecules Are In C9H8O4
3. Through the zero point of the tape measure up still in ~ the center of the throwing circle, swing the ice cream around and also temporarily mark a curve about where you mean the other side that the ar angle will certainly be.
4. Place the zero end of the tape measure at point X. Discover the suggest on the tape the represents 3/5 of the street in action 2 (if friend measured 20 yards in action 2, take it 20 time 3/5 = 12 yards). Waver the tape around allude X till the 3/5 point falls top top the arc made in action 3. Contact this allude Y.
4. Big a cord from the center of the throwing circle through allude Y. This is the other side that the ar angle.
home | sports index | search | contact