27. As nimble together a blind cat in barn (‘nimble’ = quick and also light in movement; agile; active) =
28. Like a cat chasing that tail
29. To agree like two cat in a gutter = no agreement at all
30. (a) prefer a cat ~ above a warm tin roof especially in American English = restless, nervous, ill in ~ ease, etc.
(b) favor a cat on warm bricks
31. Works choose a cat in cockle-shells (‘cockle-shell’ = a sort of ‘shellfish’)
32. Together happy together a cat that witnessed cream
33. Prefer the cat the stole the cream = happy and also satisfied with oneself, usually after doing something secretly
34. To put a cat among pigeons = (a) to say or do something that starts trouble or man (b) to present a dangerous person (c) one man among a team of women
35. To shoot the cat = to vomit (=throw increase what friend have consumed or drunk) after acquisition too much alcohol drink
36. To kick the cat = to become angry
37. (a) bell the cat (b) who will bell the cat?
38. Come let the cat the end of the bag = come tell a mystery by accident or without giving much thought to it
39. Come rain cats and dogs = to rain heavily
40. (a) cat and mouse play (b) come play cat and also mouse (c) come play cat and also mouse with someone (d) to play a cat-and-mouse game with somebody (e) cat-and-mouse life
41. (a) not enough room to swing a cat in (b) to have not enough room to swing a cat ring
42. Come fight like cat and dog = to controversy or arguement violently
43. Come buy a cat in the sack = to it is in cheated
44. (a) cat’s away, mouse at pat (b) when the cat’s far the mice will play
45. To placed the cat in the churn = to execute something mischievous, but not very serious
46. (a) a cat-and-dog life (b) to command a cat-and-dog life
47. (a) cat-in-pan (b) to rotate the cat in the pan
48. A blate/shy/timid cat provides a proud mouse
49. What would certainly a young cat do however eat mice!
50. Put an old cat come an old rat
51. Curiosity eliminated the cat
52. Has actually the cat got your tongue? or ‘Cat acquired your tongue?’
53. Look like something the cat brought/dragged in
You are watching: Got the cat by the tail figure of speech
See more: Which Of The Following Statements Is Correct Regarding Intoxication Of Alcohol?
Catsuit = a woman’s close-fitting one-piece garment
55. To check out which method the cat jumps = to wait and see exactly how a instance develops before deciding what to perform or which food of action to it is in taken, typically in politics